peacestartswithme.org

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

changes to peacestartswithme.org

I have been thinking more and more about the website...I think I am missing my objective. I wanted it broad and open-ended, but it ended up so open-ended that I believe the viewers feel no obligation to do anything at all. And the whole point is to motivate people to make an action.

But I suppose people will not be moved to take action when they have no reason to. So, I suppose I need more persuasive content on the website.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm reading Mark right now. The page in front of me has "Lord of the Sabbath" as the subject line. It makes me wonder - do we even acknowledge the sabbath? I don't believe many Americans do. I finish my weekend feeling drained and not refreshed. I do not take the time to relax to hear God.

Maybe I need to pledge to honor the Sabbath. It is very difficult to be peacemakers when we are constantly exhausted. I look forward to a whole day of sitting and reading the bible, drinking coffee and relaxing...but I never do it.

I hate my TV. I think it is evil. It wastes so much of my time! I could be bettering society by reading, writing, composing, painting, printing, even just thinking. Instead I am addicted to cartoons and news shows and medical dramas. How much of my time could be a sabbath, when I turn it into TV time? How much more time could I spend with my family, my neighbors, my strangers? Time is short when it is being sliced by the television.

My God, forgive us for using this invention in a way that takes away from our relationship with you and others. My God, break my invisible bonds to this TV; release me from a desire to be constantly entertained. Help me to seek grace instead of fulfillment.

God, continue to protect Chris and his soldiers in Iraq.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home